WHAT TO BRING TO EMBROIDERY CLASSES
Please bring the following to each class:
(These are the basics you need to bring each time.)
- Workbox or Basket
- Notebook and pen
- Pencil and sharpener
- A Hoop (bound with cotton bias tape)
- Practice fabric
- Scissors: small sharp embroidery scissors,
- larger fabric cutting scissors
- paper cutting scissors.
- Tape measure (with inches and centimetres)
- Needles (you need to build up a variety)
- Tacking thread (a reel of ordinary sewing thread in a neutral colour will do for this)
In addition it is advisable to bring:
- A stitch guide – The A-Z of Embroidery Stitches is currently the best available or 100 Embroidery Stitches
- A thread box to build up your thread collection and Thread cards or stitch bows to wind your threads onto.
- A magnifier if you need it.
- A pigma pen (for use with solvy and for signing your needlework or writing on fabric.)
The Fine Print
Payment must be made in full for each term before a place can be secured. We can pencil you in but your place is not guaranteed without payment and a paying customer will take precedence without notification.
Classes at The Embroiderer are limited to 6 so please enrol early to avoid disappointment. Classes at Highbury Houseare limited to around 12 people.
All supplies , if you don’t already have them, should be purchased from The Embroiderer. We keep our class costs to a minimum so that we can pass on our skills. In return we’d appreciate you supporting our business.
Classes are the way we inspire and create new interest in the wonderful world of needlework. We aim to foster a love of the art of embroidery in a mutually supportive sharing of ideas and an eagerness to learn more. If the class doesn’t go ahead due to lack of numbers you will be refunded. A decision will be made a week before the class.
Everyone has times when they can’t come to class for holiday, sickness or other reasons. We understand this but unfortunately we can’t refund for missed classes. Nor can they carry over to the next term. Where possible we will help with a catch up but cannot guarantee that.
We want classes to be an enjoyable experience for everyone so please try and be on time and prepared. If you can’t make a class for any reason please make a courtesy call to inform us so we are not waiting for you.
If there is something you would like to learn and it is not covered here please talk to us and we will see if we can help.